Saturday, 26 December 2015

Question Four: How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

For the overall display of my coursework I have used a website called ‘Blogger’. This allowed me to present my project in a presentable manner. Using Blogger allowed my project to become more interactive and interesting.
For the first stage of my research and planning I decided to look at how all texts can link together. I looked into Alice In Wonderland and used a search engine called Google to find the original Alice In Wonderland film poster in order to begin searching for the links. I then used YouTube in order to find the Alice In Wonderland film trailer. By doing these two procedures it allowed me to look at the link between the poster design and the trailer in greater depth. YouTube also helped in my research and planning majorly as it enabled me to look up other short films within the romance genre, to see how the characters are fully represented in them.
When analysing the short films posters of ‘Love Awaits’ and ‘Paper-man’ and ‘Post it’. I used Microsoft word in displaying my analysis of the forms and conventions of film posters as a mind map in order to direct the text to the particular aspect of the poster that I was talking about. I then used a digital tool named ‘Snipping Tool’ to take a screenshot of my research in order to put the word document on Blogger in a clear format.




When doing my target audience research I used a website called Survey Monkey to find out who my target
 audience was and what they expected from my short film and what type of genres they preferred. Once I gathered my findings and got the research through graphs and charts, I decided to present it on Slideshare. This is similar to Microsoft PowerPoint, However the difference is that when you use Slideshare, the format that the document is saved on is captable with Blogger so therefore you can put it your findings on Blogger in a creative way. I also used a Prezi to present the forms and conventions of normal short films in order to talk about; Themes, Genre and music.
I used YouTube in order to insert my short films example from YouTube onto Blogger. This was so my audience looking back at my blog could then watch the short film as they read my analysis, so that the overall idea makes sense.
For my short film plan I used Blogger in order to write texts and to add simple images in. I decided to use Blogger in this way as this analysis one was a textual analysis and I thought that was the most productive way to present my findings.

When it came to creating my ancillary texts, to create my magazine review I used a software called ‘Illustrator’. I used Illustrator as I found that it was the easiest way in creating a creative magazine review. As it allowed me to insert images as transparent and to place it over texts and shapes. It was also the best software to use as it allowed me to place the text where I wanted to place the text over a double page spread, in addition it was also the only software that I could find that easily allowed me to have a double page spread which made the overall design look more professional compared to using a software like Microsoft Publisher.
However I used Photo Shop when it came to creating my poster design. I decided to use Photo shop as it made my poster look smart and professional. It has many different tools compared to other software, which helped with the overall look of my poster. I used many different tools when creating my poster, I had to use many tools in order to cut the background out of my pictures just to create images of the 2 actors standing there in order to make my poster look more professional.
Finally when creating my final short film, I used a software called Final Cut Pro, this allowed me to create all of my raw footage into nicely flowed footage while using the cut tool. It also allowed me to cut clips of audio and footage into 2 pieces in order to get the flow right. I could do this by using the ‘Blade’ tool. This tool really helped when creating the overall flowed product that I originally wanted. Final Cut Pro also allowed me to use voice overs and other audios from other software such as ITunes which I used to get my background music from in order to give my short film a better overall feel about it.

For My Evaluation:

Question one: To display my evaluation question one I used a software called Microsoft PowerPoint. This makes my answer display as a presentation, I decided to use this software as it looked professional and 
presentable and made it flow nice and easily. I then had to use a website called slide share in order to get the code to embed the power point onto blogger through HTML. 

Question two: To display my evaluation for question two I used an online website called Prezi, which allowed me to present my question in an interactive way.

Question three: To display my evaluation for question three I used an online website called Emaze, this was yet again to present my question in a more fun and interactive way, I also thought it was really creative.

Question Four: To display my last question I used Compose on Blogger, as I felt this was the best way to display this question as it was a bigger textual analysis compared to the other questions and in order to get my thoughts and opinions across in plenty of depth. I have also used a small GIF of the logos for a couple of technologies I have used just to make the textual analysis more interactive.

In conclusion I used many different media technologies in order to create my construction, research and planning and final product as successful and as professional as they look today. Therefore, I was able to  make sure that I followed conventions, and was able to meet my audiences expectations and was able to produce realistic and good quality texts

No comments:

Post a Comment